Amid a decline in coronavirus cases in Chandigarh, the UT administration on Tuesday announced additional relaxations including an extension of shop opening timings and easing night curfew.
Chandigarh Administrator advised Director Health Services to form a Vaccination Team to administer the doses at home for those senior citizens who cannot move to vaccination centers, as they are bedridden or suffering from acute illness.
Following detailed discussions in the War Room, the following decisions regarding additional relaxations were taken amid a decline in coronavirus cases:
- All shops opening timings in Chandigarh will be from 10:00 AM to 08:00 PM. The shop owners will ensure that covid protocol is duly followed.
- All restaurants and bars can remain open with 50 percent capacity from 10:00 AM to 10:30 PM.
- Night curfew timings in Chandigarh will be from 11:00 PM to 05:00 AM.
- The number of persons permitted for marriages/funeral and any social gatherings are enhanced from 30 to 50 persons.
- The Sports Complexes are allowed to be used by the members but they must adhere to covid appropriate behavior.
- Boating in Sukhna lake is permitted with 50 percent capacity only.
It was the last war room meeting for Manoj Parida due to his transfer to the Government of India. The Administrator praised Parida for the wonderful work done in Chandigarh and wished him success in his future endeavours.
Click here to follow PTC News on Twitter